Friday, January 3, 2014

Motivational Mondays - Goal Setting Simplified: ONE Word for 2014

Happy New Year! I hope your year has begun well.


As we enter the new year, many of us are looking ahead in the same old way to set our new year resolution. Be honest. How many of you have written down a SMART goal? How many of you are guilty of being marked as a slacker for not setting any goals and being smacked with the advise "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail". I know, somehow, somewhere, someone, have fall short of their goals.

This year, I am keeping it simple by choosing just ONE WORD. I tapped into the wisdom of the authors of My One Word and One Word. That's right - one word. Not a long to-do list, not a phrase, not a sentence, no wish list. Just a single word to as the driving force and focus on every day, 365 days, all year long. One word that sums up what you want to accomplish. According to the authors, one word impacts 6 dimensions of one's well being: mental, physical, emotional, relational, spiritual, financial.

"When words are scare they are seldom spent in vain." ~ William Shakespeare

My one word for the year is GROWTH.

Growth is defined as development from a lower or simpler to a higher or more complex form. Growth doesn't just happen: it is not accidental but intentional.

As a full time working mom to 2 young children and spouse to a loving husband. I need to grow in relationships. As a daughter, a sister, a friend, I need to grow in character to become a better person. As an employee, I need to grow in my skill set to advance in my career. As a Christian, I need to grow spiritually.


Year 2014 is going to be the best year yet! In the comment below, let me know what is your ONE word is for 2014.

www.ajugglingmom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment