Friday, June 7, 2013

Pretend Play

My girl made this art and craft from her 3 years old children church. She was extremely happy to pretend as a lamb, and she baa baa here, and she baa baa there...


The girl just loves playing pretend! Pretend play allows her to think out of the box to create entertainment and fun. Other than pretending to be a lamb, she can also do a perfect imitation of mom, dad, and teacher (I am not sure if this is good or bad?)

Let me take part in her pretend play.

Take a moment, close your eyes, and visualize.  See the loving shepherd tending his flock, gather the lamb and, carries the lamb in his arm and close to his heart. Gazing into the eyes of the lamb, the loves, the bonding that ties them together.

My girl is the little lamb. I am her shepherd. A shepherd  herds, tends, and guards his flock; a shepherd protects, guides... So do I.  I care for my child, protects, guides, and/or watches over my child as long as they need it. WOW! The power of pretend play!

Do you encourage pretend play with your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment