Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nap Time for Kid

How come nobody ever told me that one of the most challenging task as a mom is to put the kid for an afternoon nap? I wonder, wonder, wonder... Am I the only one who experiencing it?

This will usually happen on the weekend or public holidays. Because these are the days when she does not goes to the babysitter; hence she got all the time she needed to roam around the house, pour out the toys on the floor and play, read a book, watch cartoons, etc............... (never ending). The last thing on her mind is SLEEP? You want to sleep? I asked, and 95% of the time I will get the same response, "No, No!" 5% of the time, I got lucky because she was tired. 

This is what I do on when is time for her nap.

Attempt #1: Tell her to STOP jumping around, NO talking (shh!!!), lie down and close her eyes. 
Attempt #2:  Threaten her "I see your eyes are open, I am going to get angry and scold you."
Attempt #3: Cover her eyes with her little blanket. Do not allow her to peep or push away the blanket.
...
...
..
..
.
.
Guess what is the most effective way?
YAY! Did you guess it right? Yes, is attempt #3. It works, 3.5times out of 4 weekend in a month.

What is your most challenging parenting task? Let me know if you brilliant ideas how to put the kid to nap {wink}

No comments:

Post a Comment