Sleeping, is not something you can force a baby into. Forget about "sleep-inducing" methods to get baby to sleep better. Just remember 1 important thing: start a bedtime routine. Having a routine would help make sure that baby gets into the routine of going to sleep each night at a certain time on her own.
Here's a simple routine:
1. Warm bath
- warm bath is soothing and calming, this gives baby some time to relax, during and after the bath
2. The requisites to promote sleep - quiet, dark
- block out distracting noise, turn off the television
- dim the lightings or turn off the lights
3. Familiar or security object
- place baby's familiar or security object on the bed, be it a teddy bear or a blankie
- security object can have a calming effect on baby
I cannot force baby Gracelle into sleep, but I can set her up to feel that sleep is expected to follow after all the above routines.
Our joyous moment when we see baby Gracelle "posing" like this.
Can you guess what is she doing?
No! No! No! She is not posing for the camera! She is "saying" - I want to sleep! Every night, she will switch off the television on our behalf (assuming everyone is going to bed) and "tell" (with her sign language) - I want to sleep!
Good night! ZZzzz...